Posted: June 22nd, 2012
A County Wicklow schoolgirl, who sustained cuts and abrasions after catching her leg on a faulty cake display in Dunnes Stores, is to receive 21,000 Euros in compensation after her shop accident compensation for dangerous shop display settlement was approved in court.
Jade Earls (11) from Bray in County Wicklow had been shopping with her mother at the Dunnes Stores at Cornelscourt in Dublin when the accident happened in July 2010. As Jade passed by a stand displaying cakes, she snagged her leg on some rusty nails which were protruding from the support for the stand.
Judge Alan Mahon at Dublin´s Circuit Civil Court heard that Jade sustained a 10 centimetre cut and a four centimetre laceration in the accident and, although both had healed successfully, Jade had been left with a permanent scar on her left leg.
After seeking legal counsel, Jade made a claim for dangerous shop display injury compensation against Dunnes Stores and ABF Grain Products, Grosvenor Street, London, through her mother – Fidelma. The court heard that the two defendants had admitted liability on a 60&40 basis and that an offer of compensation had been made.
Judge Mahon heard that the offer of shop accident compensation for dangerous shop display amounted to 12,000 Euros plus costs and, as the family were prepared to accept the offer, he approved the settlement.
Categories: Shop Accident Compensation